The Waddell House
This house was built or purchased by James A. Waddell c. 1841. It sat on a field-stone foundation. The first floor consisted of a central hall with stairs to the second floor and a parlour on either side. The west parlour had carved wooden caricatures used as corner blocks in the window trim. The east parlour had a fireplace with a drying cupboard behind it. Off of the east parlour was a summer kitchen, that led to a wood shed. This shed was connected to a long series of stables, which were in turn connected to the barn; the whole structure creating an ell. The second floor consisted of two large bedrooms, one on either side of the hall. After the Waddells moved out, the house was rented to the Wheaton family for many years. It was abandoned circa 1930, and was eventually burned in 1983-1984.
*Photos provided by Roma (Waddell) Scott