The Cedars Lighthouse was built in 1904 and decommissioned in 1996. It sits on the St. John River in Long Reach, just below the site of the former Cedars Hotel, which welcomed guests from 1895 until the 1960’s. This lighthouse replaced an older mast lighthouse that sat down river at Williams Wharf. Guests traveled to and from the The Cedars by steamboats that followed the guiding light of lighthouses all along the St. John and Kennebecasis rivers. To accommodate the many guests travelling to The Cedars, a wharf was built near the Cedars Lighthouse in 1907.
The Cedars Lighthouse was purchased by Kingston Peninsula Heritage in 2005.
More Lighthouses on the Kingston Peninsula
The Cedars Hotel
Information Coming Soon, Stay Tuned!