History and Style:
Part of this home was built circa 1839 by William and Elizabeth (Saunders) Keefe. William was a descendant of James Keefe, a loyalist who had settled on the island circa 1786. The family decided to change the spelling of their name from Keefe to Keith in the 1880’s. In 1889, James and Mary (Beatty) Keith built an addition to the main house and added a large woodshed. The Keith family lived on this farm until the 1940s. After this period, the farm was inhabited seasonally until 1970.
There is a family cemetery on a hill above the farm.