Sumerville United Church

Summerville United Church - Lot 27, Summerville

Orignial Grant:

Stephen Baxter - January 27, 1786

Deed Transfers:

David Lee to John Linton - 1831

John Linton to Samuel Linton - 1855

Samuel Linton to Trustees of Meeting House - 1863

History and Style:

Summerville United was built in 1868 as a Methodist meeting house. It was moved back from the road to its present location when Route 845 was altered in the 1960’s. The property for the adjacent burial ground was donated by James Gamble after the death of his young daughter.