Fairweather's - Upper Purdy's Point
Just down the road from the house sites a small barn that was converted into a summer home.
History and Style:
This house is believed to be about 165 years old. It was built on the original Queen’s Highway, but the road was later relocated and the house now sites quite a distance from Route 845. It was bought by Mr. Fairweather’s aunt, Anna McKien, in 1929 and used it as a summer camp for children from Montreal from 1930-1938.
Ms. McKien bought it from the Roberts family who referred to the farm as Pinehurst.
Other families who have worked this farm are the Purdys and Whelpleys.