Bill Haslett's - White Head
History and Style:
This little home was built by William Haslett in 1870. Mr. Haslett was a shipyard worker that walked to work in Moss Glen and back every day. He originally lived in a house further back from the road on the same lot that he bought from the Nichols family. He built the present house on solid ledge and incorporated large rock outcrops into the foundation walls. It is also built on a double foundation. The two chimneys were built by MacFarlands from up the road in Glen Farland and there was once a verandah and sun porch on the façade. Fortunately, Mr. Haslett’s granddaughter is working hard to restore her old homestead and preserve it for future generations.