Jenkins Homestead, Waltons Lake
Gilbert C. Williams to William R. Jenkins - 1891
William R. Jenkins to Charles H. Jenkins - 1944
There is still a large barn to the right of the house.
History and Style:
Although the Jenkins family has lived in this farmhouse since about 1891, it was built by the Williams family much earlier than this. Although the deed transfers were untraceable beyond the 1890’s, it is believed that the house was built by William Williams, whose descendants later moved to Long Reach. This long narrow house resembles other homes of the same period such as the Campbell’s on Belleisle Bay.