Peters Homestead - Petters Hill Road
There is a shed attached to the left side of the house and numerous small sheds and a large barn sit on the property as well.
History and Style:
This grand farmhouse was built by the Peters family in the late 1800’s. These Peters were descendants of William Peters, a Loyalist who had been granted Lot 3, Belleisle Bay on September 22, 1786. They originally lived in a smaller house near Peters Brook but upgraded as they became more prosperous. This house is built much like the classic Georgian houses of the Loyalist period, but on a much larger scale. It is also more ornate than a modest Georgian, with its dentil trim, formal entrance, and verandah decorated with millwork. Recently, some work has been done to maintain the house. New siding has been applied.