Rodger's House

Rodgers House - Grays Mills

History and Style:

This house began as two separate houses that were joined sometime after 1920. It is believed that the original structures were built circa 1830. The Rodgers family acquired the house in 1898 and remained on this farm until Zetta Rodgers, a respected member of the community, passed away in 1985. The Bostwick family lived on this farm before the Rodgers family, but it is not known if they built the houses or not. When joined, the two houses formed an ell. The structure on the right was originally a boardinghouse for men working in nearby mill.

*Photos by Jacqueline Clydesdale