Trinity Rectory - Lot 1, Kingston
Rev. James Scovil - May 4, 1798
History and Style:
The rectory was built by Rev. James Scovil and the people of Kingston in 1788. Scovil was originally from Waterbury, Connecticut and moved to Kingston in 1788 after it was voted that he should be given Lot #1 of the Kingston grants, better known as the parsonage lot. It is built in the Georgian style with a symmetrical façade and a projecting porch. The foundation is constructed of both brick and field stone.