Cedar's Light House - Long Reach
Cedar’s Light House
The Cedars Light was built in 1904 and decommissioned in 1996. It sits on the Saint John River at Long Reach, just below the cite of the former Cedars Hotel, which welcomed guests from 1895 until the 1960s. This light replaced an older mast light that sat down river at Williams Wharf. Guests travelled to and from the Cedars by steamboats that followed the guiding light of light houses all along the Saint John and Kennebecasis Rivers. To accommodate the many guests travelling to the Cedars, a wharf was built near the Cedars Light in 1907. The Cedars Light was purchased by Kingston Peninsula Heritage Inc. in 2005.