Clifton School House
Education existed in this area as early as 1812, though it was likely in the form of private education hosted in private residences. In around 1825 to 1830 the first public school was built in this area on the land of Justus S. Wetmore. In 1863 the school was moved to the lower flat of the Masonic Hall, though it was still owned and by Wetmore and he charged a fee for attending. In 1871, with the Common Schools Act, this manner of operation changed. In 1904, this people of this school district voted to amalgamated with Macdonald Consolidated School.