MacDougall's - Long Reach
History and Style
This house was built by the Evans family. One of its early owners was Abraham Evans and his wife Sarah (Seely). When they died, they passed the farm on to their son Henry Evans and his wife Harriet (Bostwick), who lived there until 1887, when they moved to Saint John. Henry worked on the St. John River below his property, where he sailed a scow. Later, when he moved to Saint John, he bought and operated his own schooner.
The farm was eventually passed on to the MacDougall family, and now overlooks part of the Bostwick apple orchard.
This house was burned for fire training after many years of neglect.