McAlary's - Lower Kingston
William McLeod to Alexander Baird - 1887
Alexander Baird to Bradford L. Hines - 1888
Bradford L. Hines to Albert W. McAlary - 1903
History and Style:
This house has long been abandoned, but in its day was a very comfortable hall and parlour home. There was once a summer kitchen attached to the south end of the house, but it has been removed. The gables on the north end and the front dormer are decorated with a staggered shingle pattern that was often used to provide extra ornamentation on modest farmhouses. The decorative shutters on many of the windows are not commonly found on the Peninsula and may be a later addition.
This house was torn down.