The Beatrice E. Waring
The powerful 140-foot stern wheeler Beatrice E. Waring was built by Alward N. Harned in Saint John in 1903 for the Springfield Steamship Company and used on the Belleisle route. In addition to being the first steamboat with electricity, she had fourteen steam heated staterooms. She also boasted a 5,000-candlepower searchlight and had a 373 ton capacity.
The vessel was lost by fire on March 16, 1906.