The City of Fredericton
The stern wheeler, the City of Fredeicton, was a noteworthy steamboat of the People's Line which operated between Fredericton and Grand Falls during the early 1870's. It was built in Fredericton and was the largest ever to operate on the upper river at a length of 145 feet, a beam of 23 feet, and with a capacity of 196 tons.
It was sold with the Ida Whittier and the Highlander to the New Brunswick Railway Company upon the completion of the new railway line between Fredericton and Riviere-du-Loup in 1875. Shortly after this, it was loaded with lumber and taken to the United States to reduce competition for the railway.