The Sincennes

The side wheeler, steel hulled Sincennes was built in Montreal and brought to the St. John River in 1909. She was 142 feet long and had a 122-ton capacity.

The Sincennes was destroyed by fire in 1911 at Coles Island, where two of the crew lost their lives. The following year she was rebuilt and renamed the D. J. Purdy.