The St. John

The St. John was the first of two steamboats with similar names, the other being the City of Saint John . This boat was built on Deer Island and was a side wheeler. She was 89 feet long, with a capacity of 87 tons, and saw partial service between 1827 and 1832, before being transferred off the river.