Holderville Church - Holderville
David j. Oram to Samuel J. Holder - 1929
Samuel J. Holder to Doris E. McKenzie - 1964
Doris E. McKenzie to Scouts Canada - 1982
History and Style:
This Boy Scout camp was once the Holderville Baptist Church. It was built in 1839 on land donated by Joseph French. In its early days it was known as The Meeting House of Zion. Like other churches on the Peninsula, it changed hands between Baptist and United congregations numerous times throughout its history. The church saw its last wedding ceremony in the 1940’s.
This church has been torn down.